Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blessings in One Four Hour Visit


Me, Grandmommy, Melody, and Megan. Three generations all together for a few hours of laughter and fun! Watching my Grandmother (who turns 89 this year) laugh at my daughters was a real treat. A memory I will treasure for the rest of my life.
The trip to Texas was a Blessing from beginning to end. yes there were a few hiccups. Nothing like your six year old daughter getting car sick, or getting a speeding ticket for trying to pass a big truck going up hill! But God carried me through each and every day and each visit with my family was wonderful from beginning to end.
We played cards, we played games, we watched a little TV, we shopped, and boy oh boy did we eat! All and all it was the fellowship together that I will remember most. Watching my brothers five boys eat and talk and play. Listening to my daughters give my father a hard time and him loving every second of it. Seeing my step-mothers eyes light up while shopping with Megan. Watching my mom watch both my girls as they solved puzzles, played games, ate, and talked. Listening to my nephews sound just like the guys on Duck Dynasty with their "Nah"'s and their "Ain't nobody got time for that" comments. It truly was a fun and blessed trip. My little brother and his girlfriend got down and colored with sidewalk chalk in my fathers driveway. My stepmother mad Smores with my daughters for the first time in her life. And Megan got to meet her fairy Godmother and us girls got to watch Duck Dynasty with our favorite Aunt Paula. So many highlights. So much good food and good conversation and learning each others lives all over again.
I really do miss my family. But I really am very grateful to be right where God wants me. He has blessed us with neighbors and friends who have adopted us and become our family here. What more can a person ask for than the family God blesses them with?
Throughout the trip I struggled with health issues. There were times I did not want to take another step, get out of bed, or climb back into the car. But God, He reminded me of his sons suffering on the cross. If Jesus could go through all of that, could be beat, spit on, pushed down, whipped, bloody, starved, dehydrated, exhausted, and treated like less than a human; Who am I to complain about my physical ailments. I will move on and live the life God has blessed me with not in spite of the pain, but because of the pain. Because My Father, Who is in Heaven, knows me and every hair on my head and he loves me RIGHT WHERE I AM! He loves me in spite of MY failings. HE LOVES ME enough to DIE for me.
So, I put the next foot forward and praise HIS HOLY NAME!

As my daughter and her fellow might mite choir singers will sing in the next few weeks " Ho-Ho-Ho- Hosanna Ha-Ha-Hallelujah. He-He-He-He saved me and I've got the JOY of the LORD!"


1 comment:

  1. I'm sad I missed you when you were in town!!! :( Sounds like you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete