Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Cup Runeth Over

Sunday Blessings run into Monday

I am fortunate to be allowed to co-teach a Sunday School class at my church. The youth who come to class range in age of 6th grade to 12th grade. Right now we are in a rebuilding stage, so we don't have alot of kids show up each Sunday, but the ones we do have give me a hard time at keeping ahead of their thinking, and they ask Great questions.

Since I get to co-teach, I try to read the lesson each day to make sure it stays fresh in my mind and to make sure I hear what God wants me to share with the kids. So Saturday morning after dropping off Melody at the school for her to ride a bus to State FCCLA competion in Orlando, I was caught off gaurd by my 6 year old, Megan, talking about being a Christian and how Christians should behave. She was volunteering to help me and while sweeping she and I discussed what it means to be a Christian. She specifically told me she wasn't ready yet, but that when she was she would tell me.

So imagine my surprise when after Sunday School she looks at me and says "Ok momma, I'm ready to be a Christian". She was ready, but I wasn't! So I took her to our pastors wife and asked her to lead her in prayer and ask her a few questions. I wanted to make sure this is what Megan and God wanted, and not what Megan wanted to do for her Mommy. Right after the prayer Melody called and Megan got to tell her big sister she was a Christian. Melody was so excited for her, but dissapointed to have missed it.

Sunday night we called Mercer, my 17 year old who lives with his dad in GA, and he was just as thrilled for his little sister. We had a nice long talk on the phone, he and I, and it was the best conversation we have had on the phone in a while.

Then Monday morning I am sitting in a classroom substituting for a middle school Science teacher when my phone rings. Normally I silence it, but this morning I had forgotten. Imagine my surprise when it is my Melody calling to say they took 1st place in their event at State and now we are going to the National FCCLA convention this summer in July. WOW! Three GREAT BIG BLESSINGS in under 24 hours! My heart was so full at that exact moment I felt like I was floating.

I am truly a favored woman in the eyes of the Lord to have three healthy, intelligent, thriving children who all love the Lord and are chosing to live their lives for Him. What more could any mom truly want?
My little concerns and worries amount to less than a grain of sand when held up to the light that is His Love in them! Thank you Lord, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment